A tasty one pan dish that can be prepared in 20 minutes, suitable for cooks of all abilities.
Marinade: Prep time, 5 minutes and Marinate time, at least 2 hours
Sauce Cook Time: 20 minutes
6 cremini mushrooms, sliced (or 1 227g package sliced cremini mushrooms)
1 1/2-2 cups vegetable broth
1 tbsp old bay seasoning
1 nori sheet, cut into small pieces
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
3 shallots, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 28 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes or regular diced
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp maple syrup
salt and pepper to your taste
1 19 oz. can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 block of The Frauxmagerie’s Greek Frauxmage, crumbled Garnish: mint leaves and lemon wedges.
- Add the mushrooms to a container or a bowl. Add the vegetable broth, seasoning, nori bits and lemon juice. Stir it around to mix. You want the mushrooms to be mostly covered so the amount of broth you’ll need with depend on the size of the bowl or container.
- Cover your container with the lid or cling wrap. Let the mushrooms sit in the marinade in your fridge for at least 2 hours or preferably for 8-10 hours.
- After they’ve marinated, you can scoop them out of the liquid into another bowl and set aside until your adding them to the sauce. Try to keep as many nori bits as you can. Discard the leftover liquid.
- In a stockpot, add the shallots and broth. Saute over a medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until almost translucent. Add the minced garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, parsley, maple syrup, salt and pepper to your taste and the chickpeas. Give it a good stir to combine it all and bring it to a simmer. Let it simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the marinated mushrooms and let it simmer for another 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowls and sprinkle the The Frauxmagerie’s Greek Frauxmage and mint leaves on top.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon wedge on top and dig in!