Vegan Eggplant and Plant Parm Roll
1 eggplant sliced in around 8 half inch pieces
salt & pepper
1 head cauliflower
3 cloves garlic peeled
4 oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil
5-6 large basil leaves
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup plain hummus
2 cups baby spinach chopped
1/2 lemon juiced
2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
3-4 cups marinara
fresh parsley or basil for topping
- Slice eggplant into eight half inch slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Coat pan with olive oil.
- Grill eggplant until there are grill marks on both sides and eggplant begins to soften.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor until blended into rice size pieces. Add in garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and basil and mix until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower mixture to the pan.
- Mix for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add hummus, Plant Parm, baby spinach, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper to the pan and stir.
- Saute for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour marinara into the bottom of a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top each eggplant slice with filling
- Roll eggplant slices up and place in the baking dish on top of the marinara sauce.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes – or until everything is warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and top with Plant Parm and parsley (or basil).