Botanic Mac & Boka Recipe
Mac & Boka Recipe:
Recipe: Serves 4
2 cups macaroni pasta
1 wheel The Frauxmagerie's Botanic Boka, shredded
2 cups unsweetened cashew or coconut milk
1 tbsp arrowroot powder + 2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the pasta according to package instructions except for the cook time. Under cook the pasta by 1 minute. This prevents the pasta getting overcooked when you bake it.
3. In a sauce pan, add the 2 cups of cashew (or coconut) milk. Turn heat to medium and let the milk warm up for about 5 minutes.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine the arrowroot powder with the water and stir until it’s combined with no lumps. Add this to the cashew milk and whisk to combine.
5. Lower the heat to low. Start adding in handfuls of the Boka shreds. Whisk to combine the frauxmage with the milk as it starts to melt and become a thick and creamy frauxmage sauce.
6. Add the salt, pepper and cayenne and whisk to combine. Keep the frauxmage sauce over the heat until it looks like all the cheese has melted, between 5-10 minutes.
7. Add the pasta and the cheese sauce to either a 2 litre casserole dish or a 9x9 baking dish and stir it around until the pasta is coated with your cheese sauce. It’s ideal to use a dish with a lid for baking, but if you don’t have one you’ll want to cover it with aluminum foil to prevent it drying out too much. Bake for 20 minutes.
Finish off with a sprinling of The Frauxmagerie's Plant Parm
Like all Mac and Cheese recipes, you don’t have to bake it. You can definitely just mix the frauxmage sauce with the pasta and dig in!
*I suggest adding up to a 1/8 tsp of pepper and cayenne. Add slowly and test to make you sure it suits your taste before adding more.
Special Thank you to Nicole Gallant for creating this Botanic Boka & Macaroni recipe